Embroidered in the bullion stitch, I based my designs on critters and flowers in the fabric (limited kits available, fabric sold out too fast for us to get more!). To keep my handwork center stage, I chose a solid color yoke and stitched the design in bright colors.
The design includes basic bullion instructions and a stitch sequence to help build your critters step-by-step.
For those of you that love a challenge, try your own designs and see what you can do!
Tips for Stitching Beautiful Bullions:
- Use Milliners or Sharps needles only (see my Bullion Needle Collection for any needle you may need.)
- Do not hoop fabric when stitching bullions
- When inserting needle in fabric, bring needle up at A (one end of the line in the design) and take down at B (the other end of the line in the design)
- Do not let threads twist or overlap when wrapping the needle
- Loosen and smooth wraps several times before pulling the needle through stitch
Bullion Whimsies are a long time favorite of mine. Look for nesting bluebirds on "Sweet Harmony" princessline dress & embroidery pattern and fanciful fairies, dragonflies, ladybugs & snails on "Lauren" sundress & embroidery pattern.