This sweetly blooming Spring Scissor Fob is a quick little project to set spring into action. Although I hung mine from my favorite pair of shears, they also make great gifts for around the house or on gift bags!
This fob is double sided with a separately made flower on each side. The leaves and hanging loop sandwiched between the flowers.
- 3 yds - 3/16" Two-color satin ribbon (pink/dk.pink)
- 1/2 yd - 1/4" wide green gingham spaghetti trim
- Small set of Whimsy Sticks tools
- 1/4" Whimsy Tape
- 2 ea. - 1" pieces of felt
- fabric glue
Making the Fob
1. Using a 1/2" Whimsy Stick, make single loop trim (see instructions included with sticks). Cut two 6-1/2" pieces of trim. Cut ribbon ends close to seamed edge.
2. Holding one end of trim, wrap loosely keeping the seamed edge of trim even across the back of flower. Insert pins across the back of flower to hold. Do the same for both pieces of trim.
3. Cut felt pieces into circles. Pin each to a cork surface to keep in place and apply fabric glue.
4. Center each flower on glue covered felts. Allow to dry and remove the pins.
5. Cut a 9" piece of gingham spaghetti and set aside for the hanging loop. Fold three leaves as shown.
6. Arrange on the back of one flower as shown and pin to hold.
7. Turn flower over and glue leaves in place trimming spaghetti ends to reduce the bulk. Add leaves to one flower only.
8. Fold the 9" piece of spaghetti in half offsetting the end slightly and glue the back of flower.
9. Apply glue to the back of second flowers felt and sandwich together.
10.To hang from scissor handle, take the hanging loop through the larger handle and then take the flower through the loop. Pull down tighten.
I hope you or the person you gift with this blooming beauty enjoys it's bright and sunny cuteness! Please share your creations with us!