Birthdays are a BIG deal to kids! But in those first few years, let's be honest...it's really only a big deal to the parents & family. We want to make that first one, especially, a big deal, but as a busy Mom who has just survived her first year of having a kid, sometimes plans get a bit overwhelming.
Enter in this handy-dandy "NO SEW" party skirt! You can WOW friends & family alike with your posh decorating while your beautiful child smashes his/her face into that yummy cake.
Here is the one I made for my first granddaughter, Evelyn...or Evie as we like to call her.
1. To cut chiffon quickly, place two chairs 40" apart and tie end of chiffon to chair back.
2. Wrap chiffon around chair backs until you reach the end of the roll.
3. Tie small pieces around wraps to hold and cut through all wraps on both sides of chairs.
HINT: It's easier to cut between chairs than at the ends.
4. Lay bundles side-by-side and untie.
Assemble using 2, 3, or 4 pieces at a time.
5. Cut chiffon strips twice the length of finished length of skirt (36" pieces make an 18" long skirt). Attach two pieces of chiffon at a time. I use the 2" wide chiffon & looped over a piece of elastic.
Here's a clip how to make the loops.
Continue until the elastic is full. Then I added 5/8" metallic gold ribbon bows with 1/4" sheer gold edge ribbon accents.